Did you know that using conventional laundry detergent is harmful to both you and the planet? For more info, read below about why you should switch to organic laundry detergents, toxic ingredients to avoid as well as a brief look at organic laundry detergent features.
Moreover, with the best organic laundry detergents, you’ll notice fewer allergic skin reactions. The natural ingredients clean the clothes without making the water too harsh on them.
Importance of Using Organic Laundry Detergent
Every time you wash one load of your clothes in the washing machine, you use ±20-40 gallons of water. Let’s find out how the use of the best organic laundry detergent will save water.
- Environment Friendly – With the best organic laundry detergent, you will prevent it from going through a series of pipes that eventually end up letting it leach into the soil.
- Skin Friendly – The best organic laundry detergent for sensitive skin will not cause any rashes and eczema issues.
- Softer Clothes – The organic detergent will clean the clothes effectively and keep them soft after consecutive washes.
- Kid’s Safe – Organic laundry detergents are free from synthetic chemicals that are known to weaken kids’ immunity systems.
4 Harmful Ingredients In Ordinary Laundry Detergent
The below ingredients are toxic to your health as well as our planet. Avoid these five common laundry ingredients:
- Fragrances – Fragrance is another name for a bunch of chemicals placed together to make something smell nice. Many of these compounds do not need to be listed, but they have been shown to induce skin irritation and respiratory problems when privately tested.
- Bleach – Bleach is toxic for you, infamous for irritating the skin, eyes, and the lungs.
- Brighteners – Brighteners are chemicals that have been selected for their UV light trapping ability. These make the close seem cleaner than they truly are, leaching these toxins straight into your skin.
- Phosphates or EDTA – Phosphates are one of the main problems with using pesticides on our food. They are also added to laundry detergent to aid with washing in hard water. Phosphates are very bad for the environment, causing algal bloom when in contact with water. EDTA is another compound that has been used in its place but is toxic and non-biodegradable in the following studies.
Features of a Quality Organic Laundry Detergent
These are some of the best features of organic laundry detergents:
- Biodegradable – Organic laundry detergents that are biodegradable are a big plus. Even if it’s organic or derived from natural sources, if the product is biodegradable, you know it works and is also eco-savvy.
- Petrochemical Free – Many of the toxins described in the section above are petrochemicals. This means they are synthetically derived from petroleum, which in itself is toxic for us.
- Certified Organic – Organic certification is best as manufacturers are allowed to use the word ‘natural’ to describe products made from petrochemicals. This is because this is a resource found in nature, but it is still toxic for us.
- Enriched with Essential Oils – Essential oils are a gift from nature, conferring lovely scents to our garments and protecting them from disease or pests. Essential oils are also healthy for us and do not damage the environment. They are ideal for all the organic detergent for refreshing cleaning.
- Hypoallergenic – The best organic laundry detergent for sensitive skin tend to be the most friendly to those with sensitivities or allergies.
Reviews: Best Organic Laundry Detergent
Below is our premium selection of reviewed the best organic laundry detergents, ready to gently wash your clothes without harming our Earth! Also, we would like to inform you we shall earn a small commission with every purchase made through the links in the article.
- This best organic laundry detergent for sensitive skin is one of the best organic ones for those who have sensitive skin, containing essential oils and extracts to soothe you.
- The all-natural feel and the smell of your clothing after a wash with this will leave you feeling clean and fresh.
- No chemicals were added to this eco-savvy detergent, made entirely from natural ingredients such as essential oils.
- Eco-Me is officially cruelty-free and takes a stand against animal cruelty, as well as human safety.
- The ingredients are non-toxic and safe to use without harming our ecosystem.
- Indigo Wild presents their all organic and entirely natural liquid laundry soap, which can be used to flawlessly replace chemical-based detergents.
- Frankincense and Myrrh essential oils have “fragranced” this washing detergent, leaving a delightful and medicinal aroma on your clothes and skin.
- This laundry detergent is free of petrochemicals, parabens, phosphates, or sulfates, making it healthy for you and your family.
- Use this in high-efficiency or HE machines for the perfect wash that will keep even your most sensitive clothes in excellent condition.
- Perfect for use to launder the clothing of those with allergies or chemical sensitivity.
- This organic bio-based laundry detergent is ideal for you and the ecosystem, not contributing to pollution.
- The Purclean formula is made at a facility that uses 100% renewable wind energy in the spirit of conserving resources.
- The manufacturers also do not send off any waste to the landfill during the making of this product.
- The base formula of this best organic laundry detergent for sensitive skin is made from natural coconut-derived solubles, organic enzymes, and plant-based agents that work together to make your clothes feel and smell fresh.
- Imparts a delightful honey-lavender scent into your clothes, soothing skin and calming your nerves.
- Mrs. Meyer’s clean day laundry detergent is all about getting the job done naturally without compromising quality.
- This detergent is compatible with HE machines at a double concentration, naturally enriching clothes with 97% organic ingredients.
- Eco-friendly and biodegradable, wash your clothing guilt-free with this natural plant-based formula.
- Free of Phthalates, Chlorine, Formaldehyde, Artificial Colors, Parabens, Animal Derived Ingredients, MEA, DEA, and Optical Brighteners.
- This laundry detergent is very potent but still safe to use on all types of clothing without damaging them.
- The soap nuts and berries are USDA Certified Organic as well as Hypoallergenic, natural, and free of any synthetic fragrances.
- The premium de-seeded soapberries are freshly harvested from the wild and saponin-rich.
- These sun-dried berries are Sapindus Mukorossi fruit sourced from the Himalayas of India and Nepal.
- The soapberries are packaged in reusable natural muslin cotton drawstring tote and stored in a climate-controlled environment and USDA inspected warehouse in the USA.
- This green organic laundry soap is all-purpose, safe for sensitive skin, and safe for delicates, silks, wools, organic fabrics as well as cloth diapers.
- Get this organic Biokleen detergent with a plant-based formulation.
- It can remove strong stains from clothes without affecting the fiber and material.
- The detergent has a non-toxic and eco-friendly formulation, which is good for the environment.
- It does not contain artificial fragrances that might irritate and trigger allergies.
- Moreover, it has the natural cleaning properties of grapefruit and citrus.
- Consider this CitriSafe organic laundry detergent that has a no-mold and cloth dissolving formulation.
- It has natural environment-friendly ingredients free from any chemicals and bleaching agents.
- The concentrate is very potent, and you need just a little amount for a huge load of clothes.
- You will have fresh-smelling laundry without any irritating chemicals.
- The detergent is gentle enough to be used on fancy clothes without the fear of ruining them.
- This Absolutely Clean laundry detergent is perfect for removing any dark spots and dirt from clothes and linens.
- It has a gentle enzyme formulation to give your clothes a spot-free look.
- You can use this for towels, bedsheets, clothes, and rugs to remove grime and stains.
- It is powerful enough to remove food, coffee, and bloodstains without damaging the fabric of the clothes.
- The product is free from chemicals making it safe to be used around pets and small children.
- The Grab Green detergent is naturally derived and free from phosphates, optical brighteners, chlorine, and dyes.
- Moreover, it is gentle for people with sensitive skin with eczema issues.
- It is a natural solution to switch from heavy chemically formulated detergents.
- The precisely formulated pods will result in the soft and nice-smelling laundry with each wash.
- They are bitter in taste and are made safe in case of accidental swallowing around kids and pets.
- This laundry soap detergent is a gentle plant-based paste that can be watered down to give 264 loads, which is almost an entire year’s supply.
- Free from animal cruelty as well as artificial chemicals and fragrances, this organic detergent was made mostly using organic ingredients and plant extracts.
- The soaps used to make this detergent are handmade, giving it good quality and extra love!
- The base of this detergent is a soothing coconut base, allowing anyone to use it, even with allergies.
- Healthy for you and healthy for the environment, save money and time by purchasing some of this eco-savvy laundry detergent today!
Index Table: Top Best Organic Laundry Detergents
|1||Eco-Me Organic - Natural Laundry Detergent From Plant Extracts||Eco-Me||98.3|
|2||Indigo Wild Laundry Soap - Concentrated Organic Liquid Laundry Soap||Indigo Wild||98|
|3||Tide Purclean Formula - Eco Savvy Bio Based Laundry Detergent||Tide||95|
|4||Mrs. Meyers Natural - Organic Biodegradable Laundry Detergent||Mrs. Meyers||97|
|5||NaturOli Seedless - Organic Detergent Soap Nuts||NaturOli||93.4|
|6||Biokleen Plant-Based - Laundry Detergent||Biokleen||96|
|7||CitriSafe No-Mold - Potent Organic Detergent||CitriSafe||95|
|8||Absolutely Clean Enzyme - Laundry Liquid||Absolutely Clean||98|
|9||Grab Green Stoneworks - Organic Laundry Detergent Pods||Grab Green||94|
|10||Tangie Gentle Soap - Organic Laundry Detergent Soap Paste||Tangie||95.8|
Table of Contents
- Importance of Using Organic Laundry Detergent
- 4 Harmful Ingredients In Ordinary Laundry Detergent
- Features of a Quality Organic Laundry Detergent
- Reviews: Best Organic Laundry Detergent
- Eco-Me® Organic Natural Laundry Detergent From Plant Extracts
- Indigo Wild® Laundry Soap Concentrated Organic Liquid Laundry Soap
- Tide® Purclean Formula Eco Savvy Bio Based Laundry Detergent
- Mrs. Meyers® Natural Organic Biodegradable Laundry Detergent
- NaturOli® Seedless Organic Detergent Soap Nuts
- Biokleen® Plant-Based Laundry Detergent
- CitriSafe ® No-Mold Potent Organic Detergent
- Absolutely Clean® Enzyme Laundry Liquid
- Grab Green ® Stoneworks Organic Laundry Detergent Pods
- Tangie® Gentle Soap Organic Laundry Detergent Soap Paste
- Index Table: Top Best Organic Laundry Detergents